Matt Ball is an American animal rights advocate. He is executive director of Vegan Outreach, which he co-founded in 1993 with Jack Norris, and is the co-author, with Bruce Friedrich, of The Animal Activist's Handbook (2009). He was inducted into the Animal Rights Hall of Fame in 2005.
Before founding Vegan Outreach, Ball obtained a degree in engineering from the Department of Forest Ecology at the University of Illinois, then a graduate degree from the Department of Engineering and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. He held a research fellowship in the Department of Biology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Ball lives in Pittsburgh with his wife, Anne Green, and their daughter.
- "Matt Ball", Lantern Books, accessed 24 May 2012.
- Also see Matt Ball and Bruce Friedrich, "Biographies," The Animal Activist's Handbook, Lantern, 2009.
- Peter Singer (ed), "Notes on contributors," In Defense Of Animals: The Second Wave, Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2006.
- Vegan Outreach, accessed 24 May 2012.
- Ball, Matt. "Living and working in defense of animals," in Peter Singer (ed), In Defense Of Animals: The Second Wave, Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2006.